The plan is based on a community systems premise that all elements are inter-connected and must be vibrant and healthy to ensure a functioning economy. The innovation capacity and social/natural amenities elements both scored well in terms of existing efforts. Thus, the strategy focuses on the remaining elements. In priority order, goals include:
- Housing: “Plan for, maintain and re-invest in infrastructure, including attainable housing, to provide for current population demands and support future economic development opportunities.”
- Financial Capital & Entrepreneurial Environment: “Enhance the retention and expansion of business in the region, coordinating resources to diversify the economy and create sustainable quality jobs.”
- Workforce: “Nurture, educate, attract and maintain a regional workforce that is career trained and work ready.”
- Infrastructure (Water/Wastewater, Transportation, Broadband): The goal is the same as listed above for housing, a subset of infrastructure.
- Regulatory Environment: “Collaborate as a region to simplify and decentralize regulatory processes.”
- Financial Capital & Entrepreneurial Environment
- Regulatory Environment