***SERVICE ALERT ***
Our Blue Route schedule has gaps in service every day due to staffing shortage. Please call dispatch to verify service if you are planning to ride on the Blue Route during the mid-day hours or if you are waiting at a stop.***
Red Route will operate from 8:00 am until 2:50 pm daily. Please call the office to check service at 541-296-7595.
Christmas and New Year’s Holiday Schedule
Monday, December 25th: The Link’s office will be closed. Buses will not be running.
Monday, January 1st: The Link’s office will be closed. Buses will not be running.
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Closed on Holidays.
- Sunday, Dial-A-Ride operates from 9AM – 4PM and The Dalles to Hood River operates on its weekend schedule, see below under Services.
The LINK public transit is available for anyone and everyone! Schedule a ride to work, school, appointments, shopping, entertainment, or other activities. The LINK operates lift-equipped buses to serve customers who require the use of a wheelchair, or have difficulty negotiating steps. View our Rider Etiquette/ Basic Rules here.
- Deviated Fixed Route: The Dalles Deviated Fixed Route operates on a loop to key destinations in The Dalles on Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Saturdays Blue Route only operates from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Rides are $1.00 each, or use your GOrge Pass for unlimited rides all year. There is no need to call ahead to schedule! View the route maps and schedules here.
- The Dalles to Hood River Shuttle – Daily Service: The Link operates this service 4 trips per day on Monday through Friday, and 3 trips per day on Saturday & Sunday. View The Dalles-Hood River Map and Schedule here.
- Dial-a-Ride: The dial-a-ride, door-to-door public transportation operates Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM and on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Trips are $2.00 each way, scheduled in advance and may include other passengers going to different destinations. Gorge Pass cannot be used to pay for Dial-a- Ride fare, it is for Fixed Route ONLY. The Link picks up riders in the communities of The Dalles, Dufur, Mosier, Celilo and points between in unincorporated Wasco County. Call the LINK at 541-296-7595 to schedule a ride today!
You can also email: email@example.com with your name and number for a call-back to schedule your ride.
***For best availability, please call at least 24 hours in advance.***
- The Dalles and Hood River Shopping Bus: The shopping bus offers door-to-door service to grocery stores and shopping centers in The Dalles on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Cost is $3.00 for unlimited stops with no shopping bag limit. Our drivers will help load and unload your bags (bags must be under 25 pounds). On the 1st Friday and the 3rd Wednesday of each month, the shopping bus visits Hood River. Call 541-296-7595 to schedule your ride.
- South County Shuttle: The LINK has a shuttle every Tuesday and Thursday that picks up riders in Maupin, Wamic, Pine Hollow, Tygh Valley and Dufur for a few hours of shopping and appointments in The Dalles. This service is $5.00 round trip for pickups in Maupin and Tygh Valley and $3.00 round trip for pickups in Dufur.
- Celilo-Lone Pine Service: Dial-a-Ride is available! Book by calling 541-296-7595. $4 for roundtrip service.
- Students Ride for Free: All high school students in The Dalles can ride for free, whether it is for school or entertainment. To schedule give us a call or meet our drivers at our fixed route locations! You must present your Student ID. K-8 Students also ride for free with a paying adult (Only applicable for school services).
- Text Alerts. Sign up here to receive text alerts to your phone about service notifications from The Link Public Transit, such as holiday closures or weather-related changes.
Transit Travel Training through Gorge Translink!The Link and CAT jointly offer a free Travel Training program through MCEDD that helps Wasco and Hood River County residents learn how to use the bus systems throughout the Gorge. Travel training is available to anyone upon request, there are no eligibility requirements. Our travel trainer offers training for individuals, groups, and employers on:
– Trip planning
– Understanding the bus schedule & websites
– Paying fares
– Purchasing passes
– Bus Transfers
– Utilizing a bike rack on the bus
– How to ride in a wheelchair or other using another mobility deviceContact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sara Crook at (541) 296-2266 extension 1007 to learn more!
- Ride The LINK to connect to these regional transportation providers:
All Fixed Routes now accept the GOrgePass!
Drivers accept tickets, cash (please have exact change) or mobile tickets with the Journey Ticketing app. Tickets and ticket books can be purchased with cash, checks or credit cards at The Dalles Transit Center at 802 Chenowith Loop Road, The Dalles, Oregon. Journey is a free app you can use to buy tickets with your smartphone anytime, anywhere.
Scheduling for Dial-A-Ride
Call 541-296-7595 to schedule. Rides may be scheduled one to thirty days in advance. Service is first-come, first-served, so call ahead for best availability. We will make every effort to fulfill all requests for rides if possible. Designated stop times are when the bus leaves the stop. Our buses will leave without you if you are not at the designated stops on time. Be aware that if you have arrived at the stop BEFORE the designated stop time and you do not see a bus, traffic may have delayed the bus.
Please make cancellations as soon as you know you do not need your ride. You can call the office any time and leave a message for our scheduling staff. If you fail to cancel a ride before the scheduled pick-up time, you will be considered a No Show.
Link services are guided by the Wasco County Public Transportation Advisory Committee. Learn more about the PTAC here.
The Wasco County Transit Development Plan (2023 – 2043) has been fully approved and adopted!
Contact the office at 541-296-7595 for information regarding services for transporting children.
Drivers return all lost items to the Transit Center office. After thirty days, unclaimed items are disposed or donated.
Title VI and Complaint Forms
Mid-Columbia Economic Development District (MCEDD) complies with Title VI and Title VI obligations and protections against discrimination afforded to the public. You can view our Title VI policy or file a complaint using the attached form and return to Transportation Operations Manager Jesus@mcedd.org
ADA Reasonable Modifications
The LINK Public Transit is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible and user-friendly services to our customers. To ensure equality and fairness, we will make reasonable modifications to our policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Whenever feasible, a request for modification to our service should be made in advance, before the LINK is expected to provide the service. To request a modification, please contact Laura Reed at 541-296-2266 ext. 1104, or email: email@example.com.