Thank you to the 100+ individuals who were able to join us for the 2017 Economic Symposium. Presentations are now posted and available at: https://www.mcedd.org/strategy/get-involved/economic-symposium/
Read an event summary from The Dalles Chronicle here: http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/news/2017/nov/07/forum-examines-wood-products-sector/
The event featured:
- Welcoming Remarks: Ken Bailey, MCEDD Chair and Orchard View Farms
- Keynote Speaker: Jason Spadaro, SDS Lumber, Discussing Trends in the Regional Economy
- Regional Economist Dallas Fridley presenting the most recent data on employment, wages and growing and declining industries.
- Panel Session: Relevance of the forest and wood products sector. Moderated by Lisa Naas-Cook. Includes Jon Paul Anderson (High Cascade/WKO Inc), Jay McLaughlin (Mount Adams Resource Stewards), Jeff Nelson (Nelson Brothers Engineering), Trevor McConchie (Washington DNR), Emily Platt (US Forest Service), Bob Sourek (Bear Mountain Forest Products) and Wayne Vineyard (Port of Klickitat, retired Hancock Timber Resource Group).
- Summary and Connection to the regional strategy: Amanda Hoey, MCEDD Executive Director.
Thank you to our event sponsors: US EDA, NW Natural and Skamania Economic Development Council!