OIB/WIB Loan and Grant Funds At Work
Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Economic Development Program
View selected sample projects with economic development impacts in each county or region-wide on the map below that received loans and/or grants from the OIB/WIB, or both.
Program Impact 1990 – 2023:
- 251 grants and loans awarded
- $19.7 million awarded in loans and grants
- Over 1300 jobs created/retained
- Nearly $45 million in leveraged investment
OIB WIB Map
Click on a county or the Regional Projects button to view economic impact of OIB/WIB Loan and Grant Funds and sample projects from that area.
Skamania County, WA
- Number of Projects: 77
- OIB/WIB Investment: $8,782,701
- Jobs Created/Retained: 518
- Leveraged Investment: $13,779,396
Klickitat County, WA
Klickitat County is not eligible for NSA economic development funds at this time. See Regional Projects for OIB/WIB impacts in the county.
Clark County, WA
Clark County is eligible for NSA Economic development funds. However, Clark County has not had projects receive WIB assistance as of January 1, 2020.
Multnomah County, OR
- Number of Projects: 3
- OIB/WIB Investment: $22,724
- Jobs Created/Retained: n/a
- Leveraged Investment: $28,305
Hood River County, OR
- Number of Projects: 93
- OIB/WIB Investment: $4,114,526
- Jobs Created/Retained: 335
- Leveraged Investment: $13, 872,130
Wasco County, OR
- Number of Projects: 70
- OIB/WIB Investment: $5,509,762
- Jobs Created/Retained: 340
- Leveraged Investment: $16,628,285
- Number of Projects: 33
- OIB/WIB Investment: $860,336
- Jobs Created/Retained: 103
- Leveraged Investment: $2,192,201
Region Wide Projects:
The Oregon Investment Board (OIB) and Washington Investment Board (WIB) fund projects to strengthen and diversify the Columbia River Gorge economy. The Columbia River Gorge Commission certifies OIB and WIB funded projects as consistent with the National Scenic Area Act, management plan, and county land use ordinances. Mid-Columbia Economic Development District and Skamania County Economic Development Council provide staff support for the OIB and WIB.