NEW ROUND OF BUSINESS GRANTS – application coming soon!
This is the final round of business grants supported by CARES Act funding from Business Oregon. If you have already received an award (paid by MCEDD, the City of The Dalles, or other organization awarding grants on behalf of Business Oregon), you may be eligible for additional funds. See below for details.
Awards to eligible businesses will be made as a grant. Awards will be made on a first come, first served basis. The amount of the grant will be the greater of the following figures based upon a calculation for Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employment:
- Businesses with 2 or fewer FTE – $5,000
- Businesses with 3 or more FTE – $2,000 per FTE (cap of $50,000)
Only employees reported to the Oregon Employment Department on Form 132 for Q4 2019, Q1 2020, Q2 2020, or Q3 2020 will be considered eligible when calculating FTE. Businesses not required or that have elected not to file OED Form 132 with the Oregon Employment Department are still eligible for this program but will have a maximum award of $5,000.
For businesses that have not received an award from any prior round of the COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant Program supported by Business Oregon, complete all sections of the full application. Review the eligibility requirements (below and in the application) before submitting.
Link to FULL APPLICATION
Businesses that have previously received funding through the State of Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant program are eligible to receive additional funding and should complete and submit the State of Oregon COVID-19 Emergency Business Supplemental Grant Application.
Link to SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION (for businesses that have received an award in a prior round)
We will begin accepting applications at 8:00 a.m. on _______. Email applications to email@example.com or mail/ hand deliver to MCEDD at 802 Chenowith Loop Road, The Dalles, OR 97058.
- Call 541-296-2266 x1006 for English, o llame al 541-296-2266 x1004 en Espanol.
All of the following must be met:
- The Business is headquartered in Oregon and has its principal operations in Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the Business is so registered.
- The Business has 25 or fewer employees and/or a sole proprietor.
- The Business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
A) For-profit and non-profit (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that were prohibited from operation as directed by Executive Order 20-12.
B) For-profit and nonprofit (limited to 501(c)(3) corporations) businesses that can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or more, incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020 as compared against the same period of time in 2019.
- The Business has received <$100,000 in federal CARES Act funding (Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance program (EIDL), EIDL Loan, or other federal programs to date for emergency pandemic funding).
- Passive real estate holding companies and other entities holding passive investments.
- Nonprofit entities that do not have federal 501(c)(3) status.
- Businesses that experience a decline in revenues for reasons other than those caused by theCOVID-19 pandemic (e.g. seasonal or cyclical businesses cycles)
- Businesses that are delinquent on federal, state or local taxes on or before the date of application.
- Businesses that do not comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Businesses that have already received grant funds through the Statewide Business and Cultural Support Program. The Emergency Board of the Oregon Legislature established this program in July 2020, to support cultural venues and organizations. Eligible recipients for this program include, but are not limited to, cultural institutions, children’s museums, county fairgrounds, cultural entities within federally recognized Indian Tribes based in Oregon, and festivals and community event organizations.
- Businesses that have received more than $100,000 of federal CARES funding (e.g. PPP, EIDL, and/or EIDL Advance) as set forth by this program in this application.
- Businesses that do not otherwise meet the eligibility requirements set forth above.