The Wasco County Public Transportation Advisory Committee (PTAC) was formed in June 2020 by combining two existing committees: the Wasco County Special Transportation Fund Advisory Committee and the Wasco County Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee. The PTAC was established to provide recommendations to Wasco County on funding priorities consistent with the state or federal program guidance for each public transportation fund source and in the best interest of the citizens of Wasco County.
The Committee also specifically advises and assists Wasco County in carrying out the program requirements of the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund (STIF), Special Transportation Fund (STF), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310. This includes carrying out the statutory requirements for all state and federal regulations related to STIF, STF and FTA Section 5310 funding. As such, this Advisory Committee serves as the STF Advisory Committee and the STIF Advisory Committee for Wasco County and the Wasco County Board of Commissioners.
Wasco County PTAC Members:
- Chair Louise Sargent, representing individuals age 65 or older.
- Vice-chair Lee Bryant, also representing individuals age 65 or older.
- Rita Rathkey, Opportunity Connections, representing people with disabilities.
- Celeste Peralta, The Next Door, Inc., representing low-income individuals and people with limited-English proficiency.
- Tom Tramontina brings many years of experience working in public transportation and represents the general public.
- Jesus Mendoza, LINK Public Transportation, representing public transportation service providers and the Hispanic community.
- Open seat representing South Wasco County.
- Open seat representing people with disabilities.
MCEDD serves as staff to the PTAC.
Wasco County Human Services Coordinated Transportation Plan:
The Wasco County Human Services Coordinated Transportation Plan was updated in 2020 to meet state and federal requirements for Special Transportation Fund (STF) agencies and the State of Oregon’s requirements for Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund (STIF) Qualified Entities. The PTAC was highly involved in guiding the plan’s development in coordination with MCEDD staff.
Read the plan: 2020-2024 Wasco County Coordinated Plan
Wasco County STIF Plan:
Developed in accordance with ORS 732.040 and under the direction of the Wasco County PTAC serving as the Statewide Improvement Fund (STIF) Advisory Committee, the Wasco County Board of County Commissioners adopted the FY21-23 Wasco County Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Plan in January 2021. The Plan was approved by ODOT. View the FY21-23 STIF Project Summary here.
Wasco County Transit Development Plan:
With support from a Transportation and Growth Management Grant from Oregon, this 20 year masterplan for transit in Wasco County was developed through 2021-2022. The PTAC provided some guidance for the project, along with a project advisory committee. Find the plan and learn more about the process here.