Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District (NWCPUD) has developed a COVID-19 Small Business
Assistance Program to support businesses they serve in Wasco County that have faced adverse business
impacts as a result of COVID-19. The program will offer a temporary discount to NWCPUD business
customers based on their business type and financial need. The program assistance is limited to $600
per business and will run for 3 consecutive months after reopening between June 2020 and December
2020. NWCPUD is partnering with the Wasco County Economic Development Commission to support
Eligibility criteria for businesses:
1) In business January 1, 2020 within Wasco County
2) Active NWCPUD account
3) Between 1-10 employees. Employees can be the owners.
4) Impacted by COVID-19, with an emphasis on mandated closures or significant shifts in operations (ex.
restaurants that could not operate a dining room).
5) Must be a business or non-profit entity registered in Oregon. For non-profits, must be recognized by
the IRS and have no religious affiliation.
6) Agricultural producers are excluded.
To apply, please fill out the Wasco County EDC’s Wasco County COVID-19 Business Impact Survey here.