Maupin Outdoor Store, LLC brings the gear, equipment, and apparel that locals and visitors need to participate in the summer’s outdoor activities. The second floor will be the studio of Living River Jewelry, where owner Holly Henderson will hand-craft sterling silver jewelry and offer silver-smithing classes. This hybrid business will be the only one of its kind in the city of Maupin and will be a wonderful addition to its outdoor recreation economy.
The Outdoor Store will offer:
- a diverse inventory of equipment, gear, tools, and apparel for those visiting to fish, raft, bike and camp.
- Online sales with options for local pickup or world-wide shipping.
- Extended hours and pick-up lockers for late arrivals.
Living River Jewelry will offer:
- Handmade silver, gold, and bronze jewelry with an outdoor theme.
- Occasional silversmithing workshops to bolster local art scene.
The business concept for the store has grown naturally out of Holly’s passion for customer service and her genuine love for helping people, traits that have been developed for over 20 years with Holly’s experience in retail and in jewelry manufacturing. MCEDD financing has assisted Henderson to realize her goals by funding the purchase of inventory, wages during the early months of the business, and working capital for the business.