Since February 2018, MCEDD operates the LINK Public Transit, providing public transit services in Wasco County.
Call the LINK at 541-296-7595 to schedule a ride today! For best availability, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
The LINK public transit is available for anyone and everyone! Schedule a ride to work, school, appointments, shopping, entertainment, or other activities. The LINK operates lift-equipped buses to serve customers who require the use of a wheelchair, or have difficulty negotiating steps.
- Dial-a-Ride: The LINK operates dial-a-ride, door-to-door public transportation Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Trips are $1.50 each way, scheduled in advance and may include other passengers going to different destinations.
- Shopping Bus: The LINK also offers a regular trip to grocery stores and shopping centers in The Dalles on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Cost is $3.00 for unlimited stops with no shopping bag limit. Our drivers will help load and unload your bags (bags must be under 25 pounds). View the shopping bus schedule at the bottom of this page.
Service Area and Connections
The LINK picks up riders in the communities of The Dalles, Dufur, Mosier, Celilo and unincorporated Wasco County for transportation within that service area.
- LINK connects to Greyhound for trips to Hood River, Portland and points east of The Dalles.
- LINK connects to Columbia Area Transit for service between Hood River and The Dalles.
- LINK connects to Mount Adams Transportation Service for trips between Goldendale and The Dalles.
Dial-a-ride is $1.50 each way. The shopping bus is $3.00 for unlimited stops. Please have exact fare or tickets ready as drivers cannot make change. Tickets and ticket books can be purchased at The Dalles Transit Center at 802 Chenowith Loop Road, The Dalles, Oregon, or by calling 541-296-7595.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and closed on holidays.
Call 541-296-7595 to schedule all services. Rides may be scheduled one to thirty days in advance. Service is first-come, first-served, so call ahead for best availability. We will make every effort to fulfill all requests for rides if possible. Designated stop times are when the bus leaves the stop. Our buses will leave without you if you are not at the designated stops on time. Be aware that if you have arrived at the stop BEFORE the designated stop time and you do not see a bus, traffic may have delayed the bus.
Please make cancellations as soon as you know you do not need your ride. You can call the office any time and leave a message for our scheduling staff. If you fail to cancel a ride before the scheduled pick-up time, you will be considered a No Show.
Rider Etiquette / Basic Rules
- Seatbelt use is required.
- Child restraint systems appropriate to age/weight/seatbelt system are required.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Shoes and appropriate clothing are required.
- Service animals are welcomed as long as the service animal is under your control at all times.
- Please stay seated until the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
- Do not engage in prohibited or illegal actions.
- Do not distract or otherwise interfere with the driver.
- No transportation of flammable, caustic, or poisonous materials is allowed.
- Playing a radio, CD player, or tape player is permitted only with the use of earphones and only if inaudible to other passengers.
- No circulation of petitions or attempts to collect signatures is allowed.
- Passengers are allowed to travel with one Escort/Personal Care Attendant at no additional charge. Additional attendants or escorts ride at the regular fare for the trip.
- Oxygen tanks can be transported, but must be able to be secured safely in the vehicle.
- Only two bags (or the equivalent) are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed on or near the vehicles.
- Disruptive behavior, violent behavior and illegal conduct are all prohibited.
- Riders who refuse to follow rules or continue to break rules will be excluded from the service. Please refer to our Suspension Service Policy
- View our Title VI Policy here and notification here.
- Learn about the Wasco County Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee here.
- Contact the office at 541-296-7595 for information regarding services for transporting children.
- Drivers return all lost items to the Transit Center office. After thirty days, unclaimed items are disposed or donated.
ADA Reasonable Modifications
The LINK Public Transit is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible and user-friendly services to our customers. To ensure equality and fairness, we will make reasonable modifications to our policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Whenever feasible, a request for modification to our service should be made in advance, before the LINK is expected to provide the service. To request a modification, please contact Charlotte Sallee at 541-288-9305 or email@example.com.
Shopping Bus Schedule on Mondays and Wednesdays
10:30 AM, 11:20 AM, 12:45 PM
10:35 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:55 PM
|Grocery Outlet (Cascade Square)||
10:45 AM, 11:40 AM, 1:05 PM
|St. Vincent Thrift Store||
10:50 AM, 11:45 AM, 1:15 PM
|Downtown (Transportation Center)||
11:00 AM, 11:55 AM, 1:25 PM
11:10 AM, 12:05 PM, 1:35 PM
11:15 AM, 12:10 PM, 1:40 PM