Since February 2018, MCEDD operates the LINK Public Transit, providing public transit services in Wasco County.
Call the LINK at 541-296-7595 to schedule a ride today! For best availability, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
The LINK public transit is available for anyone and everyone! Schedule a ride to work, school, appointments, shopping, entertainment, or other activities. The LINK operates lift-equipped buses to serve customers who require the use of a wheelchair, or have difficulty negotiating steps. View our Rider Etiquette/ Basic Rules here.
- Deviated Fixed Route: Starting April 29, 2019, The LINK is operating a Deviated Fixed Route service on an hour loop to key destinations in The Dalles on Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Rides are still just $1.50 each. View the schedule and route here.
- Dial-a-Ride: The LINK operates dial-a-ride, door-to-door public transportation Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Trips are $1.50 each way, scheduled in advance and may include other passengers going to different destinations.
- Shopping Bus: The LINK also offers a regular trip to grocery stores and shopping centers in The Dalles on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Cost is $3.00 for unlimited stops with no shopping bag limit. Our drivers will help load and unload your bags (bags must be under 25 pounds). View the shopping bus schedule here.
Service Area and Connections
The LINK picks up riders in the communities of The Dalles, Dufur, Mosier, Celilo and unincorporated Wasco County for transportation within that service area. Additionally, ride The LINK to connect to these regional transportation providers:
- LINK connects to Greyhound for trips to Hood River, Portland and points east of The Dalles.
- LINK connects to Columbia Area Transit for service between Hood River and The Dalles.
- LINK connects to Mount Adams Transportation Service for trips between Goldendale and The Dalles.
Dial-a-ride and the Deviated Fixed Route are $1.50 each way. The shopping bus is $3.00 for unlimited stops. Drivers accept tickets, cash (please have exact change) or mobile tickets with Hopthru. Tickets and ticket books can be purchased with cash, checks or credit cards at The Dalles Transit Center at 802 Chenowith Loop Road, The Dalles, Oregon.
Hopthru is a free app you can use to buy tickets with your smartphone anytime, anywhere. To use:
- Download: Text “Hopthru” to 43506 to receive a download link. Or you can search for Hopthru in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Purchase: Tap “Buy Passes”, then choose The LINK from the list of agencies. Next, select your ticket type (One Ride Ticket or 10 Ride Booklet). Your information will be safe and secure in the Hopthru app. You can buy as many passes as you want and use them at your leisure.
- Activate: When you are about to get on a LINK bus, just activate the pass, then show the screen to your driver. Passes are valid for twenty minutes after activation and can be opened without any internet connection.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and closed on holidays.
Call 541-296-7595 to schedule all services. Rides may be scheduled one to thirty days in advance. Service is first-come, first-served, so call ahead for best availability. We will make every effort to fulfill all requests for rides if possible. Designated stop times are when the bus leaves the stop. Our buses will leave without you if you are not at the designated stops on time. Be aware that if you have arrived at the stop BEFORE the designated stop time and you do not see a bus, traffic may have delayed the bus.
Please make cancellations as soon as you know you do not need your ride. You can call the office any time and leave a message for our scheduling staff. If you fail to cancel a ride before the scheduled pick-up time, you will be considered a No Show.
- View our Title VI Policy here and notification here.
- Learn about the Wasco County Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee here.
- Contact the office at 541-296-7595 for information regarding services for transporting children.
- Drivers return all lost items to the Transit Center office. After thirty days, unclaimed items are disposed or donated.
ADA Reasonable Modifications
The LINK Public Transit is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible and user-friendly services to our customers. To ensure equality and fairness, we will make reasonable modifications to our policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Whenever feasible, a request for modification to our service should be made in advance, before the LINK is expected to provide the service. To request a modification, please contact Charlotte Sallee at 541-288-9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View our ADA Policy and grievance forms here.