Section 122 of Keep Oregon Moving (Oregon House Bill 2017) established a new dedicated source of funding for expanding public transportation service in Oregon. The new funding source called the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund, or STIF, is created through a new state payroll tax of one-tenth of 1 percent dedicated to funding transportation improvements in Oregon. The tax began July 1, 2018.
STIF revenue is allocated across four programs, with 90% distributed based on a formula allocation to mass transit districts, transportation districts, federally-recognized tribes, or counties without either a mass transit or transportation district (known as “Qualifying Entities” in the state rules). Within Wasco County, the county itself is the Qualifying Entity.
This page serves as a clearinghouse of information related to the Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee. This committee was established by the Wasco County Board of County Commissioners on August 1, 2018 in accordance with the state rules for receiving the STIF dollars for Wasco County. As operator of LINK Public Transit, MCEDD serves as staff to this initiative.
Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee Members:
- Committee Chair Lee Bryant, representing individuals age 65 or older
- Jim Holycross, representing residents of South Wasco County and people with disabilities
- Kris Boler, Greater Oregon Behavioral Health Inc., representing individuals age 65 or older
- Rita Rathkey, Opportunity Connections, representing people with disabilities
- Maria Pena, North Central Public Health District, representing low-income individuals and people with limited-English proficiency
- Charlotte Sallee, LINK Public Transportation, representing public transportation service providers
- Louise Sargent, representing individuals age 65 or older
Wasco County STIF Plan:
Developed in accordance with ORS 732.040 and under the direction of the Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee, the Wasco County Board of County Commissioners adopted the Wasco County Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Plan on October 17, 2018. View the adopted plan here and access the committee materials below on its development.
- Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee Bylaws
- Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee Meeting Packets
- Wasco County STIF Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- Local Plan referenced in Wasco County STIF Plan: 2016-2020 Wasco County Coordinated Transportation Plan
- Oregon Dept. of Transportation STIF Information Pages