Haga clic aquí para visitar la página web de «Más energía solar en el condado de Hood River» en español.
Thanks for participating in Solarize Hood River County!
The Solarize Hood River County campaign ran from September 6 – October 31, 2022. Over 100 households signed up for a free custom bid during the campaign. If you are interested in learning more about solar energy and battery storage, check out the campaign videos below.
Although the campaign is no longer running, households can still be connected with an Energy Trust of Oregon trade ally contractor to request a free custom bid by visiting the following website: Energy Trust of Oregon Solar Bid.
What are the benefits of solar and battery storage?
Installing solar helps you save money on your monthly electric bill. Adding home battery storage to solar allows you to power your home with solar AND save any extra solar power in the battery to use during a power outage when you really need it. These systems use clean energy and reduce reliance on fossil fuels. Clean and resilient renewable energy helps to build community-wide prosperity, one household at a time.
Learn more about Hood River County Solarize, solar energy, and solar+storage, and financial incentives by watching the Solarize Hood River workshop videos below.
What makes a home good for solar?
Signup and installation
Who was involved in Solarize Hood River County?
The Hood River County Solarize campaign was a community effort that was supported by the following organizations:
- The Next Door Inc helped with community outreach and made sure the campaign materials were easy to understand.
- The Hood River County Energy Council provided high-level guidance, technical support, and community outreach.
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District provided staff support for the Hood River County Energy Council and is hosting the Solarize campaign webpage.
- Solar Oregon guided the educational workshops and helped with outreach.
- Energy Trust of Oregon provided technical support as well as managed call center and solar contractor coordination.
Hood River County’s Solarize campaign made efforts to increase access to solar for all residents and provided resources in both English and Spanish. The campaign also worked to reach people with low or moderate income to help them learn about higher income-qualified incentives like Energy Trust of Oregon’s Solar Within Reach and the Oregon Solar+Storage rebate.
Contact MCEDD Energy & Project Manager Lindsay McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.