MCEDD staff supports development of water and wastewater facilities as critical infrastructure for the region. While some jurisdictions have sufficient infrastructure to meet both current demand and future needs, our expanding economy will continue to place strains on this critical infrastructure and drive demands for well-functioning water and wastewater systems. In addition, increasingly we are faced with water access, storage and groundwater concerns. However, we have been a highly innovative region in our approach to dealing with these constraints. In many areas- from our Soil and Water Conservation Districts to Wy’east RC&D to the Farmer’s Irrigation Districts- we are a leader in innovative practices and products.
- Crystal Springs Water District – westside reservoir
- Crystal Springs Water District – south valley reservoir
- Antelope water system improvements
- South Wasco Parks & Recreation District – boat ramp improvement/replacement at Pine Hollow Reservoir
- Dallesport Water District – Murdock water system
- City of The Dalles wastewater system upgrades
- Cascade Locks – corrosion control treatment plan Project Flyer