This page provides a list of tools and resources to support our workers and business community during and after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Business Trainings – upcoming and recorded.
- Unemployment information for Oregon and Washington residents or contact your local workforce organization (OR: East Cascade Works, WA: South Central Workforce Council)
- Disaster Cash Assistance Program (Washington, Spanish )
- Insurance information for businesses and individuals (Oregon, Washington)
- Website and resources for undocumented workers
- FAQs on federal student loan relief
- WorkShare training on reopening (Oregon)
- Employment department guidance (Oregon, Washington)
- Sick leave guidance during coronavirus (Oregon, Washington)
- Health department guidance for keeping employees safe, keeping the workplace clean (Oregon, Washington)
- Looking for alternatives to laying people off?
- IRS Tax Credits
Information for individuals and businesses about the new legislation:
- Reopening guidelines (Oregon, Washington)
- Reopening webinars(Oregon)
- Reopening status by county (Oregon, Washington)
- Outreach materials (Oregon, Washington)
- Guidance on face coverings (Oregon, Washington)
- How to appropriately use cloth masks (English ,Spanish)
- PPE (Oregon, Washington)
Paycheck Protection Program – application deadline has been moved to August 8th. Applications for these loans will go to local lenders. See a list of SBA certified lenders for OR and SW WA. Updated list of lenders currently participating in the PPP in OR.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
FAQs for SBA programs
- ATNI EDC emergency forgivable loans for Native-owned businesses.
- Business department information about financial resources (Oregon, Washington)
- MCEDD’s business loan program (Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Klickitat, Skamania counties)
- MCEDD was granted $250,000 from Business Oregon to distribute COVID-19 Emergency Business Assistance Grants in Hood River, Sherman and Wasco Counties.
- Oregon Investment Board emergency relief loans of up to $35,000. (Oregon businesses in National Scenic Area)
- Washington Investment Board emergency relief loans of up to $40,000 (Skamania County; visit Skamania County EDC for details)
- Grant funding opportunity for Gilliam County businesses
- Oregon SBDC COVID-19 funding sources (national sources also listed)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Loan resources for small businesses and consumer resources from banks (WaFd; US Bank; Bank of America)
- Grant and funding sources for food and beverage businesses and workers here.
- Oregon Hospitality Foundation – to provide financial support to restaurants who are providing meals for front line employees and those experiencing food insecurity.
- Relief funds for musicians (here and here) and artists (here).
- Relief fund for licensed beauty professionals.
- Klickitat County PUD Small Business COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program
- Wasco County PUD COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Program
- Main Street Lending Program
- Oregonian | OregonLive matching grants to support advertising and marketing
If you need assistance with putting together a business plan, financial projections or applying for the SBA’s loans, make an appointment to see a counselor at the nearest Small Business Development Center Office (Sherman, Wasco, Hood River counties, Skamania County, Klickitat County)
- SBDC guide for reopening
- Small Business Legal Clinic at Lewis & Clark
- Contact your financial institution and inquire about any debt modification or special loan programs they are offering. Most are assisting their existing clients with some type of help through this time. Many of them will also be the source of funding for some of the programs coming out of the CARES Act.
- Connect with your local economic development organization.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce offers a coronavirus toolkit and a Small Business Guide .
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs can help minority small businesses in identifying appropriate sources of financing
- Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub
- Oregon SBDC’s Guide to Navigating a Business Crisis
- Business Survival Tips (Spanish)
- Resources and webinars for manufacturing businesses.
- Job site health and safety resources for contractors.
- Regular updates and resources for small businesses.
- Free eCommerce expert support to launch your business digitally
- Results from the Business Oregon/SBDC/Travel Oregon COVID-19 business survey.
- Safety strategies and protocols for restaurants and lodging properties
- Grant programs specific to the Gorge:
- Grant programs from the Oregon Community Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts CARES one-time grants
- Social Justice Fund Northwest emergency grant program
- Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation Community Grants
- Healy Foundation (Oregon only) grant program
- Funding opportunities for nonprofits here
- National Council of Nonprofits chart to help nonprofits decide which loan program is right for your organization
- Grantmakers of Oregon and SW Washington COVID-19 resource page, GSOW-NAO Resource Connector
- Telehealth Network Grant Program
- Additional guidance for nonprofits here
- USDA COVID-19 resources
- USDA Farmers to Families Food Box program
- State Department of Agriculture (Oregon, Washington)
- Small farm information (Oregon, Washington)
- Farm Bureau guidance (Oregon, Washington)
- Food safety information from OSU and WSU
- Cleaning tips for food service businesses.
- Updated guidance for farmers markets
- General fact sheet
- Fact sheet for agricultural warehouses and packing houses
- Oregon Temporary Rule (Spanish) re:employer provided housing and farm operations; start date extension memo; other resources
- Washington Emergency Rule re: temporary farm worker housing.
- COVID-19 resource page for Treaty Fishing Access Site and In-Lieu Site residents and Tribal Fishers
- County public health department pages – Klickitat, Skamania, Hood River, Wasco and Sherman
- Emergency Management pages for Klickitat, Skamania, Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
- Local Chambers: Skamania County, Mt. Adams, Goldendale, Hood River County, and The Dalles Area.
- Gorge Love
- Show WA Love. Buy Now, Play Later.
- Hood River Marketplace
- Main Street America COVID-19 resources page for communities; Reopen Mainstreet resources
- “Meals for Kids” Site Finder
- Local food resources (Hood River, White Salmon and surrounding areas)
- Gorge Grown Food Network SNAP program support and market safety protocol.
- The Next Door Inc. has provided COVID-19 videos in Spanish: