This page provides a list of tools and resources to support our workers and business community during and after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Business Trainings – upcoming and recorded.
- Unemployment information for Oregon and Washington residents or contact your local workforce organization (OR: East Cascade Works, WA: South Central Workforce Council)
- Disaster Cash Assistance Program (Oregon, Washington, Spanish )
- Oregon Worker Relief Fund (including the Quarantine Fund)
- Oregon COVID-19 Temporary Paid Leave Program
- Washington COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund
- Insurance information for businesses and individuals (Oregon, Washington)
- Website and resources for undocumented workers
- FAQs on federal student loan relief
- Information Sessions for Oregonians on Unemployment Insurance, Health Insurance, and Food/Financial Assistance
- Employment department guidance (Oregon, Washington)
- Sick leave guidance during coronavirus (Oregon, Washington)
- Washington Food Production Workers Paid Leave Program
- Health department guidance for keeping employees safe, keeping the workplace clean (Oregon, Washington)
- Looking for alternatives to laying people off?
- IRS Tax Credits
Information for individuals and businesses about the new legislation:
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Summary of COVID-19 bills and resources
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Reopening guidelines (Oregon, Washington)
- Reopening webinars (Oregon)
- Reopening status by county (Oregon, Washington)
- Outreach materials (Oregon, Washington)
- Guidance on face coverings (Oregon, Washington)
- How to appropriately use cloth masks (English ,Spanish)
- PPE (Oregon, Washington)
- Working Washington Small Business Grants – application deadline is December 10.
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness
Applications for the PPP are no longer being accepted. For those who received loans, you can apply for forgiveness once all loan proceeds have been used for which the borrower is requesting forgiveness. Borrowers can apply for forgiveness any time up to the maturity date of the loan.
Small business owners, including agricultural businesses, and nonprofit organizations in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories can apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- U.S. Small Business Administration summary of financial programs and guidance
- Business department information about financial resources (Oregon, Washington)
- MCEDD’s business loan program (Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Klickitat, Skamania counties)
- Oregon Investment Board emergency relief loans of up to $35,000. (Oregon businesses in National Scenic Area)
- Washington Investment Board and Small Business Micro Loan Program (Skamania County; visit Skamania County EDC for details)
- Oregon SBDC COVID-19 funding sources (national sources also listed)
- Grant and funding sources for food and beverage businesses and workers here.
- The Oregon Cares Fund for Black Relief & Resiliency
- Oregon Hospitality Foundation – to provide financial support to restaurants who are providing meals for front line employees and those experiencing food insecurity.
- Relief funds for musicians (here and here) and artists (here).
- Relief fund for licensed beauty professionals.
- Main Street Lending Program
- HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program
- Oregonian | OregonLive matching grants to support advertising and marketing
If you need assistance with putting together a business plan, financial projections or applying for the SBA’s loans, make an appointment to see a counselor at the nearest Small Business Development Center Office (Columbia Gorge Community College SBDC
- SBDC guide for reopening; guide to closing your business (in Spanish)
- DisasterSafety.org – features projects to help home and business owners protect their property from damage caused by natural disasters. Link to toolkit.
- Small Business Legal Clinic at Lewis & Clark
- Connect with your local economic development organization (Oregon, Washington)
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce offers a coronavirus toolkit and a Small Business Guide .
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs can help minority small businesses in identifying appropriate sources of financing
- SCORE’s Coronavirus Small Business Resource Hub
- Oregon SBDC’s Guide to Navigating a Business Crisis
- Business Survival Tips (Spanish)
- Resources for manufacturing businesses (Oregon, Washington )
- Regular updates and resources for small businesses.
- Free eCommerce expert support to launch your business digitally
- Results from the Business Oregon/SBDC/Travel Oregon COVID-19 business survey.
- Safety strategies and protocols for restaurants and lodging properties
- Grant programs specific to the Gorge:
- Grant programs from the Oregon Community Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts grants
- Social Justice Fund Northwest emergency grant program
- Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation Community Grants
- Healy Foundation (Oregon only) grant program
- A searchable database of funding opportunities for nonprofits here
- National Council of Nonprofits chart to help nonprofits decide which loan program is right for your organization
- Grantmakers of Oregon and SW Washington (GOSW) COVID-19 resource page
- Nonprofit Association of Oregon (NAO) COVID-19 resources
- GOSW and NAO The Resource Connector
- USDA COVID-19 resources
- USDA Farmers to Families Food Box program
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program 2,applications due by December 11
- State Department of Agriculture (Oregon, Washington)
- Small farm information (Oregon, Washington)
- Farm Bureau guidance (Oregon, Washington)
- Food safety information from OSU and WSU
- Fact sheet for agricultural warehouses and packing houses
- Oregon Temporary Rule (Spanish) re:employer provided housing and farm operations; start date extension memo; other resources
- Washington Emergency Rule for temporary farmworker housing
- Oregon Food Security and Farmworker Safety Program
- COVID-19 resource page for Treaty Fishing Access Site and In-Lieu Site residents and Tribal Fishers
- County public health department pages – Klickitat, Skamania, Hood River, Wasco and Sherman
- Emergency Management pages for Klickitat, Skamania, Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
- Local Chambers: Skamania County, Mt. Adams, Goldendale, Hood River County, and The Dalles Area.
- EveryoneOn – support in finding affordable internet service and computers
- Gorge Love
- Show WA Love. Buy Now, Play Later.
- Hood River Marketplace
- Oregon2go.com – restaurants offering delivery and takeout in the state
- Main Street America COVID-19 resources page for communities; Reopen Mainstreet resources
- “Meals for Kids” Site Finder
- Gorge Grown Food Network SNAP program support, market safety protocol, and summary of free or low cost food resources in the Gorge.
- Rent information for tenants and landlords (Oregon, Washington)
- The Next Connection– referral hotline from The Next Door, bilingual staff , information on food banks and meal services for children, physical and mental health resources, appropriate home activities for children, and other resources in the community. The number is 541.308.7099.
- The Next Door Inc. has provided COVID-19 videos in Spanish: