Business Resiliency Training Sessions hosted by MCEDD and CGCC SBDC
Sessions are open to all businesses and will be hosted online. There are 5 modules that will be repeated and a Lenders’ Round Table session. You are welcome to sign up for any or all sessions.
Digital Marketing Strategies
Learn ways to reach your audience by strengthening your online presence and online communications with SEO, email campaigns, social media, and PPC ads.
- September 30 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm) in partnership with the Maupin Area Chamber
- March 9, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with The Dalles Area and Hood River County Chambers
- March 16, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
Taking Your Business Online
Whether you sell a product or service, learn ways to overcome impacts of COVID-19 but taking your business online. This course will cover online tools to help you do business virtually such as Team Chat Apps, Video Conferencing, Password Managers, G Suite, Time Tracking, and more.
- October 20 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with The Dalles Area and Hood River County Chambers
- October 28 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm) in partnership with the Maupin Area Chamber
- April 14, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
Planning for Business Resiliency
Effective business planning can be challenging. In this session, learn more about developing business continuity, financial, and succession plans to help your business become more resilient.
- November 3, 2020 (9:00 am – 11:00 am)
- March 10, 2021 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Preparing for Accessing Capital
In this session we will cover what you can do to prepare for and apply for funding opportunities, with a focus on entrepreneurs seeking to start, grow, or transition a business.
- January 12, 2021 (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- April 6, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am)
Lenders’ Round Table Session
This session will feature local lenders who will discuss the gaps and opportunities for businesses to access capital in the region.
- January 19, 2021 (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
Cyber Security for Small Businesses
Doing business online allows businesses to reach new markets and increase productivity, but cyber security should be part of your overall plan to doing business virtually to protect yourself, your customers and data. In this session we will cover the basics of protecting your computers, information, and company.
- February 9, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with The Dalles Area and Hood River County Chambers
- February 16, 2021 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm) in partnership with the Maupin Area Chamber
- May 10, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
Columbia Gorge Community College Small Business Development Center – FREE online courses until the end of the fall term.
Reopening & PPE requirements for businesses
- Business Adaptation Training (Oregon reopening guidelines by sector)
- Oregon WorkShare training on reopening
- Workplace outbreaks and face covering training (recorded July 2020; link to resources mentioned in the training)
- How to appropriately use cloth masks (English, Spanish)
- Face Covering Requirements in Oregon (link, June 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce –YouTube channel with other business resources)
- Preventing Outbreaks of COVID-19 in High Intensity Workplaces (link, August 2020)
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Changes, Updates, Q&A on Small Business Administration Loans (link, April 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act – Changes and Updates (link, June 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- PPP – Tracking, Forgiveness and Taxes on Demand (link, June 2020, Washington SBDC)
- Managing Your Business Through Crisis (link, April 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- Leveraging Strategic Partnerships for Inclusion and Equity (link, July 2020, Travel Oregon)
- Destination Marketing and COVID-19: Planning for Oregon’s Tourism Recovery (link, July 2020, Travel Oregon)
- Oregon Leave Programs and the FFCRA (link, August 2020, Mid-Columbia Economic Resiliency Team)
Other Training Resources
- Small Business Development Center training (Oregon, Washington)
- Employer Resources and Economic Recovery and Resiliency webinars (Washington)
- Oregon Economic Development Association Info Sessions
- Travel Oregon webinars
- U.S. Small Business Administration free courses
- Outdoor Industry Association webinars
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership Weekly Webinar Series
- Impact Washington manufacturing resources