PPP/EIDL Training, hosted by the Small Business Development Center and regional Chambers of Commerce – January 19, 4:00-5:00 pm
SBDC – Please join us for Updates and Info on the New PPP and EIDL
We will be joined by regional bankers, a CPA, and other local professionals that will give you information on the new guidelines, eligibility requirements, funding amounts and more from the latest CARES Act. There will also be a brief update from public health officials and opportunity for you to ask questions to the panel about your particular circumstance.
Mid-Columbia Lender’s Roundtable – February 3, 2021, 1:00-2:30 pm
In this session you will hear from a variety of local lenders who will discuss the current lending environment, how to approach accessing financing with their programs, and COVID-19 impacts on lending.
Business Resiliency Training Sessions hosted by MCEDD and CGCC SBDC
Sessions are open to all businesses and will be hosted online. There are 5 modules that will be repeated and a Lenders’ Round Table session. You are welcome to sign up for any or all sessions.
Digital Marketing Strategies
Learn ways to reach your audience by strengthening your online presence and online communications with SEO, email campaigns, social media, and PPC ads.
- March 9, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with The Dalles Area and Hood River County Chambers
- March 16, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
Taking Your Business Online
Whether you sell a product or service, learn ways to overcome impacts of COVID-19 but taking your business online. This course will cover online tools to help you do business virtually such as Team Chat Apps, Video Conferencing, Password Managers, G Suite, Time Tracking, and more.
- April 14, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
Planning for Business Resiliency
Effective business planning can be challenging. In this session, learn more about developing business continuity, financial, and succession plans to help your business become more resilient.
- March 10, 2021 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Sources of Capital: Stimulus and Beyond
In this session we will learn about the most recent stimulus package, traditional and alternative capital options, financing strategies, how to create competitive funding requests, and more!
- January 12, 2021 (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- April 6, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am)
Cyber Security for Small Businesses
Doing business online allows businesses to reach new markets and increase productivity, but cyber security should be part of your overall plan to doing business virtually to protect yourself, your customers and data. In this session we will cover the basics of protecting your computers, information, and company.
- February 9, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with The Dalles Area and Hood River County Chambers
- February 16, 2021 (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm) in partnership with the Maupin Area Chamber
- May 10, 2021 (9:00 am – 11:00 am) in partnership with Sherman County and the Condon Chamber
- GWATA and Washington State University have partnered with Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Github to provide free online training resources until January 2021. With UpSkill, you can access 100+ free online training courses along with learning pathways for ten in-demand careers. All you need is a LinkedIn account (also free) to get started. Learn more here.
- The SBA Portland District Office is offering a series of three training sessions in January to give you information needed to help guide your pathway toward economic empowerment and business success. Learn more here.
Reopening & PPE requirements for businesses
- Business Adaptation Training (Oregon reopening guidelines by sector)
- Oregon WorkShare training on reopening
- Workplace outbreaks and face covering training (recorded July 2020; link to resources mentioned in the training)
- How to appropriately use cloth masks (English, Spanish)
- Face Covering Requirements in Oregon (link, June 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce –YouTube channel with other business resources)
- Creating a Safe Space for Customers and Employees: Conflict De-escalation Amid COVID-19 Restrictions (link, June 2020, HUB International)
- Preventing Outbreaks of COVID-19 in High Intensity Workplaces (link, August 2020)
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Changes, Updates, Q&A on Small Business Administration Loans (link, April 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act – Changes and Updates (link, June 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- PPP – Tracking, Forgiveness and Taxes on Demand (link, June 2020, Washington SBDC)
- Managing Your Business Through Crisis (link, April 2020, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce)
- Leveraging Strategic Partnerships for Inclusion and Equity (link, July 2020, Travel Oregon)
- Destination Marketing and COVID-19: Planning for Oregon’s Tourism Recovery (link, July 2020, Travel Oregon)
- Oregon Leave Programs and the FFCRA (link, August 2020, Mid-Columbia Economic Resiliency Team)
Other Training Resources
- Small Business Development Center training (Oregon, Washington)
- Employer Resources and Economic Recovery and Resiliency webinars (Washington)
- Oregon Economic Development Association Info Sessions
- Travel Oregon’s Virtual Training, Engagement and Assistance Industry Site and YouTube channel
- U.S. Small Business Administration free courses
- Outdoor Industry Association webinars
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership Weekly Webinar Series
- Impact Washington manufacturing resources