For 51 years MCEDD has supported economic vitality in the five county bi-state region, focusing on opportunities to build our economy and support business and entrepreneurs. This year, MCEDD continued to deliver high quality technical assistance, business assistance and industry support through its core programs, while also expanding service offerings.
Significant milestones and accomplishments in fiscal year 2020 include:
- Supporting economic resiliency as a result of COVID-19 with information and resource sharing, trainings, loans and grants responses to a myriad of economic shocks in 2018.
- Providing technical assistance for our members accessing federal economic disaster funding for public works projects.
- Implementing the regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy, in coordination with our members, and hosting a sold-out Economic Symposium to build connections across the region.
- Launching the Gorge Regional Transit Strategy to support the regional Gorge TransLink public transportation system.
- Expanding the LINK transportation system, providing over 22,000 passenger trips.
- Providing direct business assistance through our loan programs, providing almost $1 million in funding this fiscal year to businesses.